Subject: [Leica] DMR for sale....
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 16:35:06 -0400

Have you seen the photos from the DMR using Leica lenses?  They are so much
better than anything newer.  Even cropped, they are better than full frame
anything else.  This is not a collector's camera.  It's a user's camera.

Tina

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 3:54 PM, Mark Rabiner <mark at rabinergroup.com>
wrote:

> The problem with buying such gear is the  utility Vs rarity quotient.
> If its rare you pay through the nose because the collectors want to put it
> on their dust proof shelves and keep tight tabs on their investment by
> watching their eBay monitor day after day.
> This is a 5 year old cropped picture taking solution.
> When it came out it would be a great thing to have if you could swing it
> and
> you had  case filled with R glass. Most other photographers were shooting
> cropped and yours would have come out looking better than theirs. And it
> would compare nicely in terms of size and weight. Even price.
> Now not even close.
> Normally if the collectors are after it I try to avoid it if it is at all
> possible. I do not want to compete with collectors. I don't collect. I'm at
> the utility end of the thing.
> For 5 grand you can get a D3S and put your R glass or whatever glass in
> front of.
> 12.1 Mp FX (36x23.9mm) CMOS Sensor
> RAW/JPEGs & 720p HD Video @ 24fpsISO Sensitivity Up To ISO 102,400
> Built Tough, Fully Weathersealed 3" 920,000-Dot LCD with Live View
> Buffers Up to 48 RAW or 130 large JPEGs
> Up to 4200 Exposures per Battery Charge
> Weight     2 lb. 12 oz. (1240 g)
> Dimensions     6.3 x 6.2 x 3.4" (160 x 157 x 88 mm)
> On all accounts the results and handling of a D3s is going to blow the DMR
> out of the water.
> For 5 grand if you really wanted to be making great photographs this is
> what
> you'd want to get. Unless you're first love was the buying and selling of
> esoteric photo gear. And image making was a bit down your list.

> Mark William Rabiner
>

> --
Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com