Subject: [Leica] Follow up on the X100 report - "more pleasure more frustration"
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 10:47:00 -0700

The overall sluggishness is what I was afraid of. The X1 (apparently)
suffers from it even more, and I know the Sigmas do as well as I've
borrowed them for a bit. I don't necessarily expect Leica M or
high-end DSLR performance, but the standard for contrast detect
autofocus and general speed has now been set by the Panasonic GH2,
and the X100 should be able to match that. Apparently its still quite
a bit off that, and that makes the very good image quality a lot less
exciting.

If it had good manual focus performance and reliable no-lag shutter
firing wwhen set to manual, that would be all that anyone could ask
at this point, but without that and the other current glitches it
doesn't add up IMO.

--

       Henning J. Wulff
  Wulff Photography & Design