Subject: [Leica] Family photos, 1920s-40s
From: pklein at threshinc.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2011 00:15:40 -0700

LUG:  If you're interested, you can partake of more of my family history
here:
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/family/messen20s-40s1/>

These are from my late mother Emilie's cache of black and white
snapshots, scanned with VueScan on an HP consumer flatbed. Some were in
pretty bad shape. I've done some curve adjusting and removed the worst
spots on people's faces where possible but nothing really drastic.
Black and white really lasts, and even if faded, a judiciously applied
curve can bring it back to life.

I remember my grandfather had a folding camera with black leather
bellows, brand unknown. It had some kind of little right angle
viewfinder that he looked down into. The shutter was triggered with a
cable release.  The photos from the 1940s are probably taken with this
camera.  Most were taken in New York City, with summer photos in White
Lake, NY (in the Catskills).

Enjoy!
--Peter

Replies: Reply from lluisripollquerol at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] Family photos, 1920s-40s)