Subject: [Leica] 80's are best years! THEY ARE!!!!!!!! :-)
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 15:25:58 -0700

Jim Nichols offered
Subject: Re: [Leica] 80's are best years!

> Thanks for the link, Tina.  However, in real life, if one sits on the
> ground like the lady in the photo, one must always be aware of one's
> ability to get up again.  For some, it ain't easy!! <<<<<

Aaahhhhh Jimmy Boy, not so bad when you know the technique! :-) Quite simple
really, just roll over onto yer belly and get up that way by grabbing solid
elements, get yer knees under you & away you go and up! :-) Also using the
strength of arms and upper body.

OR?

You set a routine, no matter what age and begin doing sit ups! Yeah I know
it's tough as hell at the beginning.
But knowing I was coming up to my 80th birthday I was determined to do 80
sit-ups during the birthday celebrations. That was because I couldn't get
the Royal Canadian Navy submariner's to take me for a crash dive out in the
Pacific. :-) So instead during a period of three months I did sit-ups twice
a day, everyday, 7.30 in the morning before eating breakfast and at 4.30 in
the afternoon before supper.

On the birthday day, my grand sons and friends were having fits I was going
to kill myself. Didn't happen! I did 80 sit-ups one right after the other.
Laid back down on the 80th!! Everybody cheered and clapped so I immediately
sat up doing one more... Told all the young lads  "that was to illustrate
G'Pa could still kick ass if need be!" :-) Then it went into great rounds of
cheering and hollering... "YOU GO GRANDPA! YOU GO!" :-)

These days I'm still working on the sit-ups for this year, May 27th, 82 this
time. But adding 82 squats and stands as well! :-) Oh it's coming along OK
and I should make it alright.

I alternate these in training, one day the sit-ups, the next day the squats.
Twice a day! :-) Jeeeesh this keeps up I'll be in great shape the day I
arrive at the pearly gates! ;-) OR WHEREVER? ;-)

cheers,
Dr. ted :-)

Replies: Reply from richard at imagecraft.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] 80's are best years! THEY ARE!!!!!!!! :-))
Message from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] 80's are best years!)