Subject: [Leica] Leica S2
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2011 14:27:07 -0400

I spent it most my early life dreaming for an impossibly expensive camera.
It was very frustrating. I was doing darkroom work at 13 and saw the very
small ads in the back of the Popular photography magazines for a Hasselblad
C with 80mm lens. It was 1964.
So when Hanukah / Christmas came along every December I was not a happy
camper as all I wanted in the world was a Hasselblad. No little square box?
Back to bed!  I was shooting with a Voigtl?nder Vito BL. In college I got a
Nikon f2. But  all my holiday present opening seasons were ruined until I
got married and turned 28.
I waited 15 years.
My Leica dreams started much later and I got my first M6 when I was 42, the
date was 4/21/1993. 18 years ago.
Both seemed wildly unobtainable. Impossible to make into a reality.
But they materialized any way.

"I cant afford it!"
I think we can afford what we choose to afford. Its just a matter of
priorities. Readjust those priorities.... we can afford it.
Do we really need food? So we really need shoes?
NO what we really need is a Leica S2 camera. That's clear from the start.
We can wear shoes and eat food when we're dead. Right now we're missing some
shots! Oh I can get these shots with my present camera?

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] Leica S2)
Reply from vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko) ([Leica] Leica S2)