Subject: [Leica] Briarwood
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2011 09:59:43 -0500

Wikipedia calls Caroline Dormon a "botanist, horticulturist, ornithologist,
historian, archeologist, preservationist, naturalist, conservationist, and
author."  She's revered in these parts for helping end the clear-cutting of
Louisina's forests and getting the 604,000 acre Kisatchie National Forest
established.

>From my point of view, she brought flower species to Louisiana, and saved
natives and so much of my flower work would not be possible without her.

Yesterday I went to Briarwood, the Caroline Dormon Nature Preserve, and
visited her cabin.

http://sonc.com/look/?p=926

I'll be posting more from my visit in the next day or so.

--
Regards,

Sonny
http://sonc.com/look/