Subject: [Leica] Leica S2
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2011 07:00:31 +0800

Hi Luggers,
Esther and I were invited out to dinner last night to a friend's home.
He is a British cinematographer who got his start as an assistant
cameraman on David Lean's Lawrence of Arabia and has lived in Hong
Kong for many years working now mostly on advertising videos. He was
very keen to show me his latest acquisition - a Leica S2 - which he
had just used for a street photography project in Melbourne. I looked
at about 100 pictures of his Melbourne series on his 27" I Mac and I
must admit I was pretty impressed. It was also nice to see the camera
being used for real work rather than as jewelry for Russian or Chinese
Oligarchs or Rock stars.
Here's me with the gem:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/lens+pix/S2w.jpg.html

No, I won't be buying one anytime soon.