Subject: [Leica] IMGs: Fish & chips
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 08:41:45 -0700

Peter Cheyne OFFERED:
> Philippe, we live very far from Fukushima and there is no problem with
> fishing.  Radiation, like the light we photograph in, reduces in
> intensity according to the inverse square law, so I think even a Nocti-
> Geiger-counter couldn't detect emissions from that plant.

Hi Peter
The radiation thing flashed through my thoughts as I read and looked at your
meal. Looks very good indeed! :-) However, I dismissed radiation
immediately, as I've been doing with most of the "TV diatribe" about
radiation levels, basically putting unknown info into the minds of millions
of viewers!

Then followed immediately with... "There are no effects from these levels so
don't be concerned!" Meanwhile they've scared the hell out of viewers just
by mentioning it! If there is "no effect?"  Then it's not a story worth
mentioning! Like, "get over it!" And stop blowing the minds of lesser minded
viewers who think it's like CHERNOBYL? Or WW 2 and the atomic bombs!" Maybe
it could be under completely uncontrolled situation? HOWEVER? Instead?

We should all be saying a prayer to the Great Spirit on behalf of the
engineers, technicians, firemen and every other Soul bringing this situation
under control! They of course are working so close they may well be
basically "Offering their lives" to save the potential of many.

Dr.ted

Replies: Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] IMGs: Fish & chips)