Subject: [Leica] The future of journalism
From: imagist3 at (George Lottermoser)
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2011 18:54:31 -0600

Well Ted.
We had 70,000 people in Madison, WI today;
including extremely articulate internationally known speakers;
and singer songwriters.
It's a national, history making "story."
Not one network, cable or local station covered it;
because they are owned by corporate interests with political ties and
What you see at the link IS the future of journalism because they're there
getting and broadcasting live in real time, archiving the material, and
making it available.
Think of it as Capa (or you) sending 20 rolls of film back to the magazine.
Not every frame on those rolls is worth looking at (except as a record of

If "uptake" had not been there an historical event would have gone
Instead - thousands went to the site, watched and listened live.

Think early radio; shortwave; etc.
This new citizen journalism is in its infancy.
If you're interested I can also point you to more "highly produced" pieces
on this historical event that is in day 19.

(from iPad)

On Mar 5, 2011, at 15:56, tedgrant at wrote:

> OH and to keep it on topic? ....I do think if one looks closely in the
> crowd there's a Leica in there somewhere! ;-)

Replies: Reply from keith at (Keith Wessel) ([Leica] The future of journalism)
Reply from tedgrant at (tedgrant at ([Leica] The future of journalism)
Message from tedgrant at (tedgrant at ([Leica] The future of journalism)