Subject: [Leica] Burka Para sailing in Penang
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 08:29:36 -0800

Howard offered:

> HI Luggers,
> > Some more pictures from Batu Ferringhi beach in Penang:
>
> An Arab lady flying by herself in full burka
> > http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Beach2011/ParaBurkaW.jpg.html

Hi Howard,
I have to ask  what some might consider it a stupid question?

But wouldn't it be considered pretty dangerouly stupid flying about with all
that extra clothing on if you were to go down in the ocean water and have it
weigh you down so you become a dead burka wearing body?

Or do they have fast recovery boats for safety rescue if they do?

Having enjoyed both para-sailing and parachute jumping I just can't imagine
being all wrapped up in an outfit that may get me drowned! But I suppose ...
"to each her own!" But still a scary way to para sail no matter how you cut
it!
cheers,
Dr.ted

Replies: Reply from daniel at dlridings.se (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] Burka Para sailing in Penang)