Subject: [Leica] Camera insurance problem
From: geordiepete211 at yahoo.co.uk (Peter Cheyne)
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 19:54:53 +0900

Thanks for the advice!

I will send it to Oregon, WI, tomorrow, in an almost excessively large
box stuffed with those big white puffy snowflake things, and I'll have
it insured on the way out.  As for Don Goldberg's returning it, I can
ask him if his liability insurance covers postal returns.

He agrees not to have it insured by the post on the way back, as I'll
be stung for silly taxes, treating it like a newly purchased item.  I
guess Japan tries to protect it's internal camera sales and sees
'repair returns' as a possible fiddle and way out of declaring newly
purchased imports.  I'm not doing that, but they'd slap me with that
anyway.

Best wishes,

Peter Cheyne

Replies: Reply from dennis at hale-pohaku.com (Dennis) ([Leica] Camera insurance problem)