Subject: [Leica] It's just another tool ... (Hipstamatic)
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 17:11:25 -0700

Jeff Moore wrote:
>I admit I get cranky when I see people who stuff every damned picture
>through Hipstamatic, applying the same heavy-handed gimmicky effect to
>every phone picture they take, regardless of appropriateness to the
>particular image. But this guy's done some fine work, some of which
>happens to involve said app.
>
>http://lens.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/02/11/through-my-eye-not-hipstamatics/

<http://lens.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/02/11/through-my-eye-not-hipstamatics/>Jeff
-- I saw that essay when it first came out and liked it too, but I know what
you mean about that app.  I started using it to make photos for a daily
fashion blog that a friend writes and really liked it until it sort of got
old.  Trouble is, by the time I got tired of it, it had become the de facto
'look' for the blog and my blogger friend keeps requesting it.

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE

Replies: Reply from michiel.fokkema at gmail.com (Michiel Fokkema) ([Leica] It's just another tool ... (Hipstamatic))