Subject: [Leica] Eldest hitting the road again
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 11:21:18 -0700

Ric Carter wrote:
>Emily graduated with high honors last May (biology and American Studies
from UNC Chapel Hill), and left to spend a little time with friends in
England. Last fall, she took an >internship at major public health NGO
Population Services International.

>The really good news is that she just got accepted at the Grad School of
Public Health at Johns Hopkins. They will let her defer entry until she
finishes the PSI assignment.

Fantastic, Ric.  Especially interesting to me because I also have degrees in
American Studies and Public Health.  Hopkins is a great school too -- I
attended their graduate summer program in epidemiology at the beginning of
the HIV epidemic, when I worked at the NIH.

Congrats, Emily!!

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE