Subject: [Leica] IMG: Santa Pola half-marathon
From: montoid at earthlink.net (Montie Talbert)
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 16:00:46 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Beauty(?) and the Beasts  ;-)  gotta luv it!!

Montie

>>Santa Pola, a seaside town a bit south of Alicante, hosts a half-marathon
>>every January. This year it was last Sunday, and the weather was
>>unseasonably cold, with temperatures barely getting to 12-14 C. But that
>>did not stop the African guys from winning the event, as expected.

Running events are good to photograph: the people do not move that fast, you
can pick a good spot along the route, and if you stay away from the finish
line area (which is very crowded), you can get really close. So that's how I
spent Sunday morning a week ago:

http://www.greatpix.eu/Other/Santa-Pola-Half-Marathon-2011

Cheers,
Nathan