Subject: [Leica] From A to B or B to A
From: lrzeitlin at gmail.com (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 16:38:52 -0500

Jayanand writes:
"A company wanted to launch a detergent in Dubai. So they rented the best

outdoor hoarding they could find, and put their graphic message - a triptych

- a housewife with a dirty item of laundry in her hand, dipping it in the

washing liquid, and the item, as usual, emerging shiny clean. The usual

stuff we have seen from detergent manufacturers ever since advertising

started. But sales of the product abruptly fell off a cliff to zero. Can you

guess why?"

- - - - -

Was the company Unilever? After a series of goof ups trying to sell soap to
the great unwashed sector of the world, they funded a chair for me at the
University of Wales to research and write a book on Cross Cultural Marketing
and Management. Unfortunately the book wasn't finished until 2000. No
pictures though.

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] From A to B or B to A)