Subject: [Leica] IMG: PAW Launch 2011 (ric 0111)
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2011 17:03:39 -0800

Ric Carter  offered:
Subject: Re: [Leica] IMG: PAW Launch 2011 (ric 0111)

 John McMaster wrote:

>> Just to make things worse, doesn't that mean that you are starting your
>> seventh decade....

Ric,
 NO! NO! Don't use the verbotten word, "old!" :-)

Don't give in to it! Yeah it hurts like hell some days, but never
acknowledge that yer old & hurting. You may use the word "matured" or aged
when explaining an ache or pain!

But mature is the best way simply because, when a wine matures the better it
is! :-) And we never complain about drinking mature wine. :-) However I'd
never drink "Old wine!" :-) Not sure any of it is around long enough to
become an "old wine?" ;-)

The more mature Scotch is, the better it's flavour! ;-)  But we humans,
those of us who love life and the blessings of living where we do relatively
safe from the madmen of the day.  I mean on a those beautiful days when we
go in the garden, take flower pictures for the fun of it. Or our grand
childen, one can ask how much better can it be?

Never say old,  never admit the aches and pains, always be young of heart &
spirit! And when a simple thing of your youth bucket list comes before you
.... never ever say, nor listen to anyone offering ..... "Act your age, yer
too old to do that!" Screw them, do it just for the sake of proving you can
still kick butt and feel good about it! But never say yer "old!" Yer old
when you are finally horizontal and non-breathing!

But all your life you've wanted to do it and even at the exciting age of 80
you decide yer going to complete 80 sit ups one right after the other? GO
FOR IT! BEGIN A SMALL START!"  and stay with it and they will become easy,
you'll be far bettere for it, your heart and lungs will be better and
stronger and you'll be able to throw a Leica around like it were a Minox!
;-)

 And you'll be better of heart and younger of heart when all those young
lads of 30 or 40 can't do 5 sit ups. :-)

That's when you flop down knock of 80 simply just for something to do!
Because you have the attitude of being young of heart, mind and soul!

cheers,
ted

Replies: Reply from kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney) ([Leica] IMG: PAW Launch 2011 (ric 0111))
Reply from ricc at embarqmail.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] IMG: PAW Launch 2011 (ric 0111))