Subject: [Leica] Transfering pictures to an iPad
From: lrzeitlin at gmail.com (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 23:32:53 -0500

Jayanand asks:
"How do you transfer images from a camera to the Ipad if it does not have
USB?

How comfortable do you find it for extended use as an e-book?"

- - - -

If you have another computer, PC or Mac, you can transfer pictures directly
from iTunes. Apple also sells a tiny gadget which plugs into the cable slot
that lets you transfer pictures from an SD card to the iPad. A similar and
companion gadget allows you to plug in a USB cable and transfer pictures
directly from a camera or other device via the cable. Both together sell for
about $30 US. Some users have managed to hook up a disc drive to the iPad
through the USB adapter. The catch is that the adapter does not supply power
so the disc drive must be self powered. The well based rumor is that the
next generation iPad will have a USB slot as well as a camera. I find the
iPad very comfortable to use as an e-book reader. The full color display is
glorious. The text is larger than my son in laws Kindle, more like the size
of a real book. With the appropriate App the iPad can read just about any
format e-book, even the 33,000 free ones from Project Gutenberg.

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney) ([Leica] Transfering pictures to an iPad)
Reply from richard at imagecraft.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] Transfering pictures to an iPad)
Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Transfering pictures to an iPad)