Subject: [Leica] LUG Digest, Vol 47, Issue 31
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2011 14:38:44 -0600

On Jan 4, 2011, at 2:13 PM, Bill Pearce wrote:

> In my experience, I have found that it takes a very special unusual person
> to be able to apply that level of technical regidity in a way that does not
> sap the life from art.

Yet the application of technical rigidity is necessary in the learning
process
of most arts and crafts.
A violin student must learn where to find the notes
and how to use the bow to extract and sustain them.
Hours of trial and error, repetition and practice
causes the "technical rigidity" to disappear
into the art of performance.

Of course if we had a digital violin
with auto fretless fingering, auto bow use,
auto chords, auto melody, auto symphonic mode, auto bluegrass mode, etc.
perhaps we could do away with learning the instrument;
and simply dial in our creativity and push the button
to produce the music to suit our mood.

;~)

Regards,
George Lottermoser