Subject: [Leica] Computer Woes
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 16:55:04 -0500

LUG:

My Dell laptop's speakers and CD drive quit working.  Since I have next day
on location service, that would not normally be a problem.  Sure enough, the
technician came out the next day with new speakers and CD drive and a new
motherboard.  He installed the speakers and CD drive but the motherboard was
the wrong one.  The next day, the speakers quit working again.  Dell said my
order for the motherboard had been cancelled.  I explained that they sent
the wrong one.  They sent another technician out today with a new
motherboard, new speakers and a new cd drive.  He managed to replace
everything but broke one tiny wire in the process.  The technician was deaf,
using two hearing aids and an FM unit with a speaker phone to try and
explain to the Dell technician in India which wire he needed.  The
technician in India could not get the one in Rock Hill to understand him, so
I was translating in sign language.  They finally agreed that we would send
my computer in tomorrow and let someone at Dell take a look at it.

Good intentions all around, but I still have no sound on my computer.  I'll
be without it until next week but I guess I'll be too busy to be on the
computer anyway!

Merry Christmas, everybody.  It's supposed to snow here Christmas day.

Tina

--
Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com