Subject: [Leica] Yala - Elephants
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 08:36:42 +0530

The elephants at Yala are quite extraordinary, they just burst upon you from
the surrounding vegetation, making for very close encounters, which at times
can be quite stressful - because if there is one animal in our jungles whose
behaviour I don't quite trust, it is the wild elephant. In fact the closest
encounter in this trip was when a full grown cow elephant came and stood
right behind the jeep in a defensive posture, so that her young calves could
cross the road behind her. She was so close (about 5 feet from me, adjacent
to the vehicle) that I did not dare take photographs for fear it might spook
her!

Anyway the final set of photographs from Yala are of elephants:

Emerging from the vegetation:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Yala/_JGJ0951-Edit.jpg.html

Startled youngster:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Yala/_JGJ0958-Edit.jpg.html