Subject: [Leica] The beautiful backs of Limerick
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 09:43:18 -0600

Some extremely powerful photographs can be seen within
these, Rian Dundon's, galleries; and elsewhere on the internet.
He obviously has a strong interest in his chosen subjects;
gets in close and personal;
while also exploring these environments;
has a good eye for composition;
a passion for black and white;
and strong personal style.

Tilt?
May not be my style or yours
yet many of Dondon's photographs work very well
(while some do not).
He obviously has little care for any "rules" on the matter.
Enough non-tilt photographs appear in his body of work;
to demonstrate that he's after far more important elements and issues
than keeping horizontal and vertical lines parallel to the edges.

I do not have the impression that he uses tilt as an affectation
to turn weak concepts, or boring subjects, into something they're not.

YMMV

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com