Subject: [Leica] What does the LUG Yearbook Have in Common with the Famous Artists School?
From: jshul at comcast.net (Jim Shulman)
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 16:19:00 -0500

Many years ago, there was a institution of higher learning called the Famous
Artists School: they ran small black and white ads where you were urged to
"Draw Winky" (or some such cartoon animal) and submit it to the school for
an evaluation.  Basically, if you were blindfolded and drew "Winky" with a
pencil in your mouth, you were in.  As a joke, a group of my friends sent in
a stick-figure pencil sketch with a fake name and received the following
reply, "Dear Herbert Swoze, We believe that your submission has merit, and
are proud to welcome you as a student at the Famous Artists School."  In
other words, you couldn't miss.

That's the same with the LUG yearbook:  submit an image, and it's in the
book.  Simple as that.  In the past five years EVERY IMAGE SUBMITTED HAS
BEEN ACCEPTED!  You can't go wrong, and as Dr. Ted noted you're in print in
a book!  So, shots from a war zone?  Fine.  Levitating nudes?  Fine.
Grandkids with digits up the proboscis?  Fine, too.  Moody shot of shadows
on lawn furniture?  Fine.  You get the idea.

Simple instructions here: http://leica-users.org/LUG-yearbook.html

Best,

Jim Shulman

Wynnewood, PA