Subject: [Leica] Microloan for LUGgers
From: richard at imagecraft.com (Richard Man)
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 03:45:39 -0800

Hi folks, I have a proposal:

It's like living in Palo Alto, while Steve Jobs and Sergy what's his name
live here, there are also poor people living in Palo Alto.

So while some of us are fortunate to own an M9 or two and drive a Maserati,
some of us occasionally hit a rough time, and sometimes even for a long
period of time.

I am sure most of you have heard of microloan. Basically, you chip in money
and make loans, often in relatively small amount, to people in need. They
pay a small amount of interest and all proceeds go back to the pot.

I will contribute $300 to this effort.

We will need to come up with terms of loans (max amount, loan period,
interest rate etc.) and someone to administer.

I propose that we make the administering part transparent but of course the
people requesting the loans be private.

The only qualification is a member of LUG in "good standing," with good
standing meaning someone who has participated in the LUG and not random Joe
Smith from the street.

Thoughts?
--
// richard <http://www.imagecraft.com/>