Subject: [Leica] OK< where are those HARSH ASPH look?!!
From: richard at imagecraft.com (Richard Man)
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 12:24:20 -0800

Oh mine, how times have changed. Remember when Leica started to make ASPH
lens that one of the biggest complaints was how modern lens design produces
ugly ASPH look?

The way some people talked about it, you would think that the ASPH bokeh
look like horsesh*t.

Well, how time has changed. Now that the 35'lux MKII has come out, we have
gems comparing the two ASPH versions thusly:

***

*Version 1 35 mm Summilux ASPH*

Delicious, creamy bokeh

A character lens, equal parts classic and modern, with more gentle
out-of-focus rendering and increased contrast in harshly-lit circumstances

***

Many ASPH lens were rejected due to their lack of characters. This guy
obviously doesn't know what he's talking about. Someone give him a pre-ASPH
quick :-)

(I am quite happy with my lowly V1 35 'lux)
--
// richard <http://www.imagecraft.com/>
replies in your msgs. ]

Replies: Reply from benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney) ([Leica] OK< where are those HARSH ASPH look?!!)