Subject: [Leica] Helping others
From: pklein at threshinc.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 12:57:25 -0800

Apropos of all we've been talking about. Same "stuff," different art form:
<http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/05/arts/music/05musicians.html?_r=1>

Note that many younger musicians are making ends meet by playing
non-traditional jobs for much less pay.  I'm sure some of them play for
free to get known.  And I'm sure the established musicians are angry at
them for "lowering the market," just as some folks here were angry at me
for letting PeoplePets publish a photo of my dog for a little national
exposure.

I didn't create the Internet tsunami, folks. I just decided, for once to
ride the wave instead of ducking.  I usually duck, for many of the reasons
that Tina, Ted and others have described.

--Peter

Tina wrote:
> I blame micro-stock entirely for reducing the value of
> stock photography.  Photographers who accepted 25 cents per download for
> unlimited use of their photos ruined the stock photography business for
> everybody.

Tina