Subject: [Leica] ReadyNAS Questions.....
From: john at chiaroscuro.co.nz (John McMaster)
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 14:00:22 +1300

Put at least 2 disks in and use X-RAID (this is on an NV+). It will create a
RAID 1 (mirror) with 2 (i.e lose 50% of storage), when you add a 3rd disk,
either originally or after a while, this will expand to a RAID 5 (striped
with redundancy) and you will get N-1 storage, i.e adding the 3rd HDD will
double your storage (3 disks total so 2 disks of storage).

If you set it to RAID 1 then it will always be that with no option to expand
when more disks are added.

john

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] ReadyNAS Questions.....)