Subject: [Leica] Intriguing interview and photographs
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 09:33:17 -0600

with/by ANTOINE D?AGATA, magnum photographer

excerpt:
"My work quickly became even more of an autobiographical journal. This was
my very personal way to step away from the traditional documentary
photography methods, which I find very frustrating and hypocritical. There?s
a part of cowardice in the usual position of documentary photography in
between voyeurism and safety. This is where exploitation lies. The last few
years, I have been experimenting with new working methods, slowly abandoning
the position behind the camera to enter the image itself, as a character
within my own images. That?s the only legitimate position."

entire interview
<http://www.viceland.com/int/v17n11/htdocs/fear-desire-drugs-fucking-608.php?page=1>

Regards,
George Lottermoser