Subject: [Leica] IMG: Aggressive Defense, Afghanistan
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 09:53:43 -0800

Ric Carter asked:
Subject: Re: [Leica] IMG: Aggressive Defense, Afghanistan

>A recent limited survey showed that 92% of Afghans know nothing about the
>World Trade Center attack
>
> 40% believe we are there to destroy Islam.
>
> <http://www.examiner.com/afghanistan-headlines-in-national/92-of-afghans-key-southern-provinces-are-unaware-of-9-11>
>
> How can we win at this?

Hi ric,
It's taken me awhile to get this situation where I can only say, as I did
the other day... "We, those alive today" will most likely never see a "win"
for anyone! As long as the corrupt government we of today is running the
country! Compounded by the "Taliban and ilk" that live and destroy without
thought!

Quite simply "HOW CAN YOU WIN AGAINST PEOPLE WHO BELIEVE BLOWING THEMSELVES
TO PIECES " anywhere, any time as long as they kill members of their
believed enemies. No thought they're murdering many of their own countrymen!
And believe women should never be educated!" No nation or collection of
nations today will ever create a "win!" Period!

And a final note, right or wrong... "the sooner every international
involvement, civilian and military leave the better!" Back off and leave it
be. I very openly accept some on the list will not agree with me. But I'm
sick and tired of young Canadian men and women and many other Nationals
coming home in coffins! Not to mention the billions of dollars by all
countries have been thrown away! Screw it, just get out and let them be and
stop trying to turn them into a western world concept. It isn't going to
happen!

The present international concept of training a military force of Afghanis
to protect themselves from ???? "Whomever, the latest and newest War Lord of
the day is? Sheer stupidity! Sorry guys and gals I just read a special
report about this stupid nonsense! I suppose it's the many people who are
being killed in the name of corporate profits!

A quick try at keeping it on topic of Leica and photography. Many of you
know our own LUG  Hugh Thompson is there and posts pictures when he can. So
don't pass his postings without looking. His photos are interesting along
with his personal comments standing there in the country.
cheers,
ted!

Message from lluisripollquerol at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] IMG: Aggressive Defense, Afghanistan)
Message from ricc at embarqmail.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] IMG: Aggressive Defense, Afghanistan)