Subject: [Leica] IMG: The Western Wall at night
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 12:01:10 -0000

"Peter Klein" <pklein at threshinc.com> wrote
> We've just returned from two weeks in Israel.  Here are three shots from
> the Western Wall in Jerusalem, which we visited after dark. M8, 35/1.4
> <http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/israel/L1007775-w.jpg.html>

Nice shot. I'd like to visit the Holy Land myself especially as I appear to
come from a long line of Crusaders - or so I'm told. Apparently, we went
there on long holidays....

Reminds me of an old joke.

A Irish reporter is assigned to Jerusalem to cover the flashpoints. He takes
an apartment with a great view of the Wailing Wall. Every day when he looks
out, he sees an old man praying fervently.  Intrigued by this, the reporter
eventually goes down and introduces himself to the old man.
He asks, "You pray every day to the wall. How long have you done that, and
what are you praying for?"

The old man replies, "I have come here to pray every day for 25 years. In
the morning, I pray for world peace, and then for the brotherhood of man. I
go home, have a cup of tea, and I come back and pray for the eradication of
illness and disease from the earth."

The reporter is suitably amazed. "How do you feel now after coming here
every day for 25 years to pray for these things?" he asks.

The old man looks at him sadly. "Like I'm talking to a wall."

Douglas
_________
Douglas Barry
Bray, Co. Wicklow