Subject: [Leica] 21 mm lens for M9
From: montoid at earthlink.net (Montie Talbert)
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 12:30:01 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Hi Harrison...

Lots of discussion on this specific topic on Rangefinder Forum,
I own the VC and Zeiss 21 4.5 ZM  The Zeiss produces sharper
and higher contrast images hands down and I believe has the
least distortion (4.5) of any 21 including Leica (please no flames)

If the 2.8 is anywhere close to the 4.5, you'll love it!
Glad you posted  because I've been meaning to trade the
4.5 for the 2.8 (miss the speed) great for travel
though.  Thanks for reminding me ;-)

Montie

>>Which 21 should I consider?  Is the Zeiss 21 2.8 a good lens?  Is it
close to the Elmarit in performance?  How does it compare to the VC 21?
I'd prefer having the 2.8 aperture.

Thanks.

Harrison.

Replies: Reply from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] 21 mm lens for M9)