Subject: [Leica] Goodbye to Morwyn
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 09:20:42 -0800

Richard mon ami,
My wife and I offer our deepest sympathy at this difficult time with your
pet.

We have been a cat family for easily 45 years or more with various ones
we've gone through in similar fashion.

Please remember when Morwyn has gone it's for the betterment of a friend to
a place of rest, peace and no pain!

The toughest time for us was the last. Old buddy, "Millar!" Who really was
"my cat!" He'd come sit in the darkroom chair while I made prints, on
occasion as an exposure was being made he get up on the enlarger table and
bat at the light as the enlarger was on. Jokingly we'd offer to visiting
friends he was just adding a little dodging! :-)

But when his time was up, the vet came to our home as I was on a assignment
in Boston, and my home was on the other side of North America in Victoria.
To add to the moment I had to cope with what was happening as my wife was
crying on the phone explaining the situation as it unfolded. me crying on
the other end. She held up strongly without anyone there to give her a
comforting hug. Me? Boy could I have used one! :-( Crying in a hotel room
all by myself! Heightens the heart break! :-(

People who are not travelling photojournalists' and pet owners never think
of simple family moments like this. Trust me as simple as it may sound, the
emotions are super high! But I believe it helps make one stronger in coping
with everyday life. However, you will cry, but never forget!

Miller went quietly and the vet took him away ...... truly the best way at
home rather than even considering bringing home an empty carrier basket from
the vets.

Morwyn will always be with you in memories you'll never forget.
Our sympathies.
Dr. ted and Irene

Replies: Reply from richard at imagecraft.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] Goodbye to Morwyn)