Subject: [Leica] 90 AA - focus shift?
From: tgray at 125px.com (Tim Gray)
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 15:20:52 -0500

Focus shift seems to be the big bugaboo nowadays. Probably because digital
seems more sensitive to it and we also now have instant feedback.

All lenses have it from what I understand. It's just on the ones with 'no'
shift, it's small enough not to be noticeable.

I've heard the 90 AA is a wonderful lens. I've also heard that it is
horrible below 3 m OR it loses a bit of performance in that range.  Probably
closer to the latter, but I'd like to hear opinions on that if you have any.
 How good/bad is it closer in?

Which brings me to my 2nd question. I've read that the decrease in
performance close in on this lens is due to focus shift. True? Does that
mean there is a plane of bitingly sharp detail, but just not where you want
it to be?

Replies: Reply from jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier) ([Leica] 90 AA - focus shift?)