Subject: [Leica] Am I being stupid? (R content)
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto at earthlink.net)
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 16:25:16 -0400

Tim Gray wrote:

> Am I being stupid for considering an R at this time?

Most of the R lenses are the screaming bargains of the Leica world, and the
R6.2 is one of the best film bodies to use R lenses.  With any of the R4
through R7 bodies you need to be gentle with it when you use it on a tripod
because the body's tripod socket will break out if abused, taking pieces of
the camera's main casting with it.  No sprinting across battlefields while
carrying the camera on a tripod.  Also a CLA every ten years or so is a
good idea.

Tina Manley wrote:

> The 100 Macro lens is the best lens ever made.

Ordinarily I agree with everything Tina writes but here we disagree, but
only a little.  IMHO: the 100 APO Macro lens is among the best lenses ever
made, but the 280mm f/4 APO is the best lens ever made and the 180mm APO
Elmarit is right there in the running too :)

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

http://link.mail2web.com/mail2web