Subject: [Leica] NYC Photo Plus Expo Photo Gallery--27 Images
From: jshul at comcast.net (Jim Shulman)
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 23:51:52 -0400

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/focusit/photoplus/

All shot today with my M4, CV 35/1.2, and Neopan 400

Some observations:

Fuji was completely absent-no film, no digital, no preview of nifty new
digital M-like camera, nada.  Strange.

Kodak was handing out rolls of Tri-X in 35mm and 120.  It's a little like a
buggy whip manufacturer handing out samples at the 1915 auto show (though I
did stock up some 120 for my horse-drawn Minolta Autocord).  And why were
all those people with digicams taking the film samples-is this akin to bald
men stealing the hotel shampoo bottles?

I saw some folks trying out the S2 at the Leica booth.  When I grabbed a
picture, a Leica rep said, "That sounds like an M camera shutter!"

There were a few film shooters on the floor, though my camera was a point of
curiosity akin to an albino zebra on parade.

Tried out a few Zeiss/Cosima lenses at the show, in particular the 21/4.5
(which Tom A. raved about, and I now concur) and the 85/4 (which is a really
nice lens).  Shot some images (not included in the gallery) with these
lenses at about 1/15 second wide open aperture.

Jim Shulman

Wynnewood, PA

Who'll bet that most of the digital shooters today still have their images
on a card in the camera, rather than processed and displayed.

Replies: Reply from zoeica at mac.com (Chris Williams) ([Leica] NYC Photo Plus Expo Photo Gallery--27 Images)
Reply from leicaslacker at gmail.com (kyle cassidy on the lug) ([Leica] NYC Photo Plus Expo Photo Gallery--27 Images)
Reply from lluisripollquerol at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] NYC Photo Plus Expo Photo Gallery--27 Images)
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] NYC Photo Plus Expo Photo Gallery--27 Images)