Subject: [Leica] IMG: A cold day and winter tyres
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 19:44:38 +0200

Hello all,

It's turned cold in Hannover, and our little VW Polo
went to get its winter boots fitted today. So. to while
away the time I took a camera along, too:

A nice, bright and sunny day this morning, so off we
went to see Peter, our friendly neighbourhood mechanic
who has a workshop in an old barn near the local cement
works.

Here are a few shots around and about where he does his
dirty automotive deeds - all in glorious colour!

For the technically-minded - Canon 20D, Tokina 12-24
lens (Mostly wide-open at f4 - it refuses to stop down
between 12 and 16 mm)

Hope you enjoy a little bit of everyday life here in
Hannover

Cheers
Douglas

Peter's barn/workshop
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/Germany/Hannover/_MG_1348.jpg.html

Inside: Frauke, Peter and our Cross Polo
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/Germany/Hannover/_MG_1351.jpg.html

Frauke, C-P and two mechanics taking a look underneath
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/Germany/Hannover/_MG_1352.jpg.html

CP: with its nose in the air
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/Germany/Hannover/_MG_1353.jpg.html

The "Office"
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/Germany/Hannover/_MG_1356.jpg.html

Our summer tyres
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/Germany/Hannover/_MG_1358.jpg.html

One of the places that makes all the dust that gathers
on my cameras and lenses - not to mention our furniture
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/Germany/Hannover/_MG_1337.jpg.html
(there are 4 of these cement works very close by)

Grain cart -parked next to the silo
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/Germany/Hannover/_MG_1338.jpg.html

Iron stairway
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/Germany/Hannover/_MG_1347.jpg.html