Subject: [Leica] "R" lenses on digital bodies
From: afirkin at afirkin.com (afirkin at afirkin.com)
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 00:46:37 -0400

> I realize all of this.... today's market for R glass is pretty anemic,
> except for a few models that seem to hold their value..... ( 100 APO is #1
> on that list).
>
> As a question forom a NON-R user...
>
> What R glass ( and please include the version of the lens)  is really
> worth using?
>
> Frank

Worth using I presume to mean "has advantages over other options". I would
agree the 100 apo macro: stunning lens, I would add the 180 f2: the images
from that blow me away. My 280 apo 2.8 does not give me the same joy, and
so I more often use the 180 and the 2x converter.

If you are using zooms the Leica versions: 21/35, 28/90 and 70/180 I have
all perform beautifully. I like my 15 super elmar, but the wides on the m9
work better now I think.

Cheers

Alastair

Replies: Reply from grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey at mchsi.com) ([Leica] "R" lenses on digital bodies)