Subject: [Leica] Tripod head recommendations for a 560 lens
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 21:28:12 -0400 (EDT)

Adam Bridge wrote:

 I'm wondering what folks are recommending as a head for suppling a
560mm lens mounted on my Canon 1Ds Mk II.
<<<

I'd recommend using the tripod mount at the bottom of the Televit's hand
grip, and optimally a gimbal head like the Wimberley.  The Wimberley allows
you to raise the fore/aft pivot point to the GC of the lens/camera
combination.  It's bulky and priced like Leica equipment but IMHO it's the
optimal solution.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com