Subject: [Leica] Genuine Leica prints!!
From: leicaslacker at gmail.com (kyle cassidy on the LUG)
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 13:31:24 -0400

You won't believe your eyes -- wait, yes you will because you all have
Leicas too. But you're not likely to view images as pleasing as these until
you see
your daughter on her wedding day.*

Two weeks ago I got this crazy idea in my head to find an original Digilux
and make a series of images with it based on lines people sent me from
novels. It's done. It's a 24 page booklet called The Day My Grandmother
Exploded, a quote from Iain Banks "The Crow Road" suggested by LUGger Craig
Zeni.

Three hundred people emailed quotes, I picked the first twenty. Some of the
images were obvious, others sat around for a while and took more thought. It
was a marvelous challenge. All the hard work of the elves at Solms come
together in these photos constructed of one point three MILLION pixels of
resolution.

I'd initially decided not to make more books than contributors but there was
a very small over-run due to the fact that I have difficulty counting to
twenty, so if you want one they're $21.50, email me to check availability,
first come, first served. (And yes we ship to Kirimati.)

In other, related, and more joyous news, you can buy selected prints from
the series here -- in unlimited quantities -- by going here:

http://kylecassidy.smugmug.com/Art/absurd-equipment/digilux1/14048001_rjyed#1034000464_xssDX

   (or: http://tinyurl.com/3aff3s7)

The prints are 4x6, suitable for your tiny apartment, bathroom wall, or
fridge (not because I'm clever, but because that's as big as 1.3 megapixels
really wants to print.)

Really? I can get a Genuine Leica Print for $8.04??!! Yes you can! And until
Thomas Kinkade gets out of jail, this is probably the best deal the art
world has to offer.*

Thanks for looking --

kc

*Not really.