Subject: [Leica] Which camera to take to Israel?
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 07:25:26 -0700

Peter it's quite easy to build any number of reasons not to take the
Leica... HOWEVER!

If you don't take it you'll hate yourself from now to eternity everytime you
look at your shoot material! WHY?  Simply because there will inevitably be a
question mark??? "I wonder what it would've looked like if I used the
Leica?" It will never go away!!

Hell you bought it to use it. So use it. The eye thing? As long as it's not
affecting your ability to focus then it's not a problem!

>>> I have a painful "frozen" right shoulder, which probably won't get
>>> better until
> next year sometime, so it's better to keep things light on my neck and
> other shoulder.  I'm also developing a cataract on my right (shooting)
> eye.  So far it's just softened things a little and lowered my visual
> contrast.  My glasses still correct my right eye to 20/20, so it's nowhere
> near the surgery stage.  It's not really hurt my ability to focus yet, but
> it has reduced my confidence.<<<

OK this description almost fits my state the past 14 years.:
1/ The right shoulder I screwed-up on my first and only solo parachute jump
in 1994, "it was a 65th birthday present to myself!" At least I'll never
forget it as it left the right shoulder with one tendon unattached that's
always a pain in the ass! No I mean in the shoulder and neck leaving me in
constant awareness of pain.

Then I only have the one eye that works, the left and it had a cataract
removed last year. But up until then I had no real problem focusing.  So me
old son, shake the fears of the Leica, just take it, the photo vest might be
a good idea as long as you're not going to load a ton of stuff in it.

Your confidence thing? Hell put that at the back of your mind as it's a no
brainer with your ability as a photographer you don't have any concerns as
long as the right eye sees'.
Go Leica or you'll regret it the rest of your days.
Safe journey and lots of great photos. The photo opportunities in Israel are
endless!

cheers,
Dr. ted