Subject: [Leica] Konica Dual Hexanon + M9
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 16:05:09 -0700

> Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 12:55:40 -0400
> From: Phil <photo.forrest at earthlink.net>
> Subject: [Leica] Konica Dual Hexanon + M9
> To: Leica Users Group <lug at leica-users.org>
>
> Do any M9 users out there have the Konica Dual Hexanon 21-35mm lens?
> I'm wondering about the performance of the lens at the different focal
> lengths and if there are vignetting or color cast issues.
>
> It's shown itself to be outstanding on M8's from what I have seen and
> read. (Dante, you're one of them, thanks!)
>
> These are my two favorite focal lengths lately and I find I'm usually
> around f/5.6 with my M8 so the smaller maximum aperture would not be a
> hindrance very much for me. I'm just looking for one lens to carry
> daily instead of several.
>
> Thanks y'all!
> Phil Forrest
> (who does NOT have an M9... yet.)

Hi Phil,
I had the bayonet of my 21 - 35 Konica Dual milled by John Millich
last year and since it brings up the 24 / 35 frameline combination in
my M8 decided to try coding the lens as the 24 Elmar. I have a B&W IR
cut filter attached and the results are quite good on my M8. I don't
(yet) have an M9 either but a local member of the Friday morning Zen
Cafe group here in Vancouver has the Konica Dual and uses it on his
M9. He tells me that it works really well without the red fringing
exhibited by some lenses.
Hope this is useful.
Cheers
Howard