Subject: [Leica] Bokeh Opinion Please
From: rcmphoto at yahoo.com (R. Clayton McKee)
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 07:53:58 -0700 (PDT)

I like the shot, but the effect isn't quite there yet.

I think the thing that bothers me about it is that it's so abrupt.  The
grass stays about f8 sharp for what looks like about six, eight feet behind
him, and then suddenly it goes completely blurred in what looks like a
couple of feet on the ground... there's very little falloff.  It's like
looking at a forced perspective shot of a scale model; all of the individual
elements within the shot are reasonable, but when you layer them together,
the overall effect is just off.

R. Clayton McKee
PhotoJournalist
from somewhere just south of somewhere else...

Replies: Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Bokeh Opinion Please)