Subject: [Leica] No R solution
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 07:34:09 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Howard Cummer wrote:

On Saturday the Leica User Forum met with Leica senior management. The
translation from the notes taken at the meeting has not yet been
posted on the LUF but by the  comments so far posted no R solution was
discussed. If there had been one proposed I am certain that someone
from the meeting would have reported it to the LUF in capital letters.
I hope to be proven wrong but I think the R solution has gone stone
cold dead on the back burner. I guess I will now send my 21 - 35 to
Leitax to be rebayonted for Nikon. Sad really.
<<<

>From the administrator of the l-camera-forum, who is transcribing the
>meeting:

We talked about the R-solution (it was the first topic as I know about the
importance).
Stefan Daniel said "We are working on a solution" - so I hope I'm able to
answer your questions with this.

The Leica management didn't say anything regarding time lines, Mr. Schopf
several times pointed out that quality and keeping promises they give is
most important for Leica.
<<<

The transcription is not done yet; it's all volunteer work by a very busy
person.  BTW I'm just a messenger.  No flames please.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Replies: Reply from douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp) ([Leica] No R solution)