Subject: [Leica] M6 TTL 0.85 Issues
From: geordiepete211 at yahoo.co.uk (Peter Cheyne)
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 18:12:29 +0900

Hi Jon,

I bought an M7 with a new 50mm Summilux from a dealer here in Japan.
Fitting the lens on the M7 would bring up 2 frameline sets. The lens
would do the same, but not to so great an extent, on other cameras.
That is, on the other cameras only the corner of the wrong framelines
would show.

I took the M7 and 'Lux back to another branch of this dealer and they
gave me a refund for the lens and sent the camera back for a check-
up.  A couple of weeks later they said the camera hadn't been examined
by Leica yet, and it could be a long wait, but they said the problem
doesn't seem to be there anymore.  They said I could wait, and get a
free servicing, or just take it back.  I took it back, and the
problem, like they said, had gone.  It's still going fine.

It seems the problem was really with that 'Lux, which just made the
M7's frames a bit sticky, as it were, for a short while.  Anyway, the
problem went away, and I decided to not bother with the 'Lux.

So perhaps you could inform the buyer that this can sometimes be a
problem with the lens cam, and to please try it with another lens.
Anyway, a $150 CLA would fix it if it isn't the lens cam at fault.
Whatever you do, don't take the camera back.  If it needs a CLA, ask
the buyer to send it in to DAG or Sherry Krauter.  You could suggest
paying halves on the CLA, as it always over $100 and usually under
$250.  I'd suggest Youxin Ye for a CLA, but he is in Beijing now,
working on a Leica book and museum project for all those new Leica-
hungry fans in China.

Good luck resolving this,

Peter Cheyne