Subject: [Leica] The "R" Solution
From: afirkin at afirkin.com (afirkin at afirkin.com)
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 20:44:51 -0400

> Hi Luggers,
> About the pronouncements from Leica at Photokina from what I have read
> it seems the R solution is to just ignore it and say nothing about it.
> Have I missed an announcement about the R solution? Or is my
> understanding pretty much correct?
> Cheers Howard
> (who only has one R lens left to convert to Nikon mount)

Well Howard, I've been waiting and decided that this was probably Leica's
"last chance" to come up with an R solution. I don't think it is anywhere
near, so alternatives may become necessary. Mine may be to go Sony.  DMR
is still going strong, and makes wonderful images. Photokina is not over
but the chances of Leica saving the R is unlikely now.

Alastair