Subject: [Leica] IMG: Afghan Father & Son
From: hewthompson at mac.com (Hugh Thompson)
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 22:16:43 +0430

George - thanks for the comments.  As to the toe, I was just a little
too close, but did not want to miss the moment.

On the "scarf in mouth", I see it all the time, but nobody is able to
give an explanation - perhaps it has something to do with keeping it
safe - they use these scarves for everything, like blowing one's nose,
wiping away sweat, absorbing sweat, cover head from the sun, things
like that.  Very useful also when the wind is blowing and dust is
swirling about.

Hugh

On 24-Sep-10, at 9:06 PM, George Lottermoser wrote:

> (picking nits:
> would have been good
> to get his entire toe in the frame)
>
> "The son" - also a wonderful portrait.
>
> Any idea what the scarf in the mouth thing is about?
> Ritual? or more like chewing gum?

"Keep cheerful and smile, sometimes it is all you have"

hewthompson at mac.com
Kabul, Afghanistan

Message from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] IMG: Afghan Father & Son)