Subject: [Leica] [OT] World's lightest interchangeable lens, and its a stereo
From: geordiepete211 at yahoo.co.uk (Peter Cheyne)
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 18:07:58 +0900

Richard,

yes, just load your Stereo Realist with slide film, faster is best
because a higher aperture is better to get the best 3D effect
throughout the field of vision.

You can buy a pack of 100 slide pair holders from DrT, George
Themelis, very cheaply.  Whenever I take mine for a spin, I can spend
a long time just looking at the 3D image.  Highly recommended for
anyone with a high scopic drive!  Very pleasurable!  The first time I
tried it, I swished my hand in front of me to touch the tree in the
photo.

Of course, the best effects come from a good balance of foreground,
midground, and background in the compostion.  That said, portraits
work well with the sitter and a nice background.  It is such good
fun.  I use it a few times a year.

You really should give it a try!  Of course, you can't share the
results online, until they produce 3D computer screens.

Peter Cheyne