Subject: [Leica] Ebay Paypal Scam - a reprise
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 08:19:06 -0700

> Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 06:55:51 +0200
> From: "philippe.amard" <philippe.amard at sfr.fr>
> Subject: Re: [Leica] EBay Paypal Scam - a Reprise - Off Topic
> To: Leica Users Group <lug at leica-users.org>
>
> Well doesn't Howard live in Canada?
> CONUS?
> 51 stars?
> PH

Hi Philippe,
I am a citizen of the world! I spend summers in Canada (to enjoy the
clean air among other things) and flee to warmer polluted Hong Kong
and then glorious Bali when it gets cold.
About shipping to Canada and the US only - it becomes a question of
cost. If a buyer buys something for $50 he is unlikely to want to pay
$50 to ship it by air to Europe or Asia / Australia. But the same item
may only cost $15 - 20 to ship in Canada or to the US - and so people
living closer are more likely to bid. People from away who buy then
don't want to pay for expensive shipping and that leads to the sea
shipment and delivery timing problem. Limiting sales to US and Canada
can help eliminate the shipping cost question.
For me it has nothing to do with honesty (there are rascals every
where) nor legality (I wouldn't try to sue anybody). As Kenny Rogers
says in his Gambler song
- You got to know when to hold, know when to fold, and know when to
walk away.
Cheers
Howard