Subject: [Leica] EBay Paypal Scam - a Reprise - Off Topic
From: montoid at earthlink.net (Montie Talbert)
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 18:56:36 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

Thanks Howard, good lesson here!  SHIP CONUS ONLY (Unless you
know buyer personally).

Montie

>>Hi Luggers,

Thought you might like to know the follow up and conclusion to my
posting about the experience with the Paypal / Ebay scam I reported on
last week.

My Ebay buyer in France acknowledged receipt of his package on Monday,
demanded a discount for late delivery (even though he had paid for sea
shipment which can take up to two months and in fact he received the
parcel in just over 6 weeks) and promised me he would reverse my
negative feedback if I have him one. You have to admire his chutzpah.

Faced with this extortion (and sadly, inexplicably, lacking
confirmation from the tracking number that the parcel had been
delivered) I offered $10 off and requested the negative feedback be
reversed.  He paid the reduced invoice this morning and reversed the
feedback so I am back to 100%, slightly older, out $10, and much wiser.

In sum, neither Ebay nor Paypal were at all helpful to me as a seller
and the buyer could have gotten away with the goods and without paying
if he was so inclined.

Needless to say I have put him on my ?do not do business with? list. I
was pleased to see that recently someone left him negative feedback.
Couldn?t have happened to a more deserving guy IMHO.

Cheers

Howard

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] EBay Paypal Scam - a Reprise - Off Topic)
Reply from john at mcmaster.co.nz (John McMaster) ([Leica] EBay Paypal Scam - a Reprise - Off Topic)