Subject: [Leica] IMG Dachshund, and M8 sensor line M8
From: geordiepete211 at yahoo.co.uk (Peter Cheyne)
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 00:19:53 +0900

Hi Nathan, George,

Leica don't have their own repair in Japan, but their have an
authorized repair person.  However, I heard that Leica will soon be
opening a store in Ginza, Tokyo, after the model of the London Leica
Store.  If that is not too far away, then I might wait until that
happens.  Just set my ISO to 160 and 320 until then.  The authorized
centre here does not deal with sensors.

I sent Solms' an e-mail linking to the dachsund photo, and stating
that I don't wish to pay for an expensive re-import of the camera.
Maybe she can think of a good solution.

I think Leica's numbers aren't so huge, concerning these cameras, so
yes, I am disappointed with this fault seeing as the camera has just
been returned to me only a three weeks ago.  In their favour, I will
say that Leica are good to deal with on the phone.  They made an error
in the return date of my camera, scheduling to reach me by UPS when I
was already due to be on my return flight to Japan.  I told them the
problem (their mistake, as I told them two times, in advance, when I
needed the camera returned by) and I suggested that they ask UPS to
upgrade the parcel, which had already been collected by UPS.  They
acted on this suggestion, and the camera reached me the day before my
flight.

Also, Andrea was a pleasure to deal with on the phone, was quick to
acknowledge their mistakes (rather than talk around them) and was keen
to ensure satisfaction.

Peter Cheyne