Subject: [Leica] [IMG] Erekocha Festival, Miyazaki
From: geordiepete211 at yahoo.co.uk (Peter Cheyne)
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 22:24:19 +0900

Here's a short slideshow of 13 images from Miyazaki's summer Erekocha
Festival.  Erekocha is local slang for 'Wow!"  Miyazaki, a mainly
rural area, has had a difficult summer due to a foot and mouth
outbreak among cows and pigs, requiring wide scale slaughter of
livestock.  The crisis is now over, but the economic effects are
estimated to run to 235 billion yen over the next 5 years.

The locals were in need of a festival.  Dancing in traditional summer
clothes holding fans, taiko drums, local food stalls, syrupy shaved
ice for the tots, ice cream for the little old grannies, beer and
shochu for the mums & dads.

www.flickr.com/photos/geordiepete/sets/72157624954499888/show/

All photos were taken with a 35mm Asph. 'Cron on an M8.

Unfortunately, there is a pixel-fine line running the width of almost
every image, to the left of the centre when looking at a horizontal
image, or to the bottom when looking at a vertical image.  I had the
sensor replaced about 4 months ago.  The line is more obvious on the
evening images, taken at 640 ISO.  I don't fancy sending this camera
off to Solms again, especially since new laws in Japan mean I'd have
to pay tax on a returned repaired item to the same extent as I would
have to pay for the import of a brand new camera.  I think I'll have
to e-mail some sample images to Solms and see what they say.  I'm
vaguely hoping the problem will just go away, but that doesn't seem
likely.

Has anyone encountered this problem?  Did it just go away?

Peter Cheyne

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] [IMG] Erekocha Festival, Miyazaki)
Reply from ricc at embarqmail.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] [IMG] Erekocha Festival, Miyazaki)